- Boards & Commissions
- Parks and Recreation Commission
Parks and Recreation Commission
The Parks and Recreation Commission shall have the duty of serving in an advisory capacity to the City Council and the Director of Parks and Recreation on policies and programs pertaining to public parks and recreation and shall include:
- Identifying and addressing the needs related to the City’s parks, school facilities, playgrounds, open space, and recreational facilities.
- Advising the City Council and the Director of Parks and Recreation on all matters affecting the City’s parks and recreation programs and facilities.
- Advising and assisting City boards and commissions, City departments, and private persons on matters affecting the City’s parks, school facilities, playgrounds, open space and recreational facilities.
- Improving maintenance of City parks, school facilities, playgrounds, open space and recreational facilities.
- Assisting in the development of a parks and open space master plan.
- Developing and maintaining a community activities plan to increase, create, and implement community recreation classes and special interest classes.
- Performing such other functions and duties as may be directed by the City Council from time to time.
The City Council established the Commission by Healdsburg Municipal Code 2.34 and Resolution 16-2022.
Typically each year the Commission adopts a set of goals it would like to accomplish for the upcoming year. The Commission's 2023 goals and committee assignments can be found here.
The Parks and Recreation Commission typically meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm. Regular meeting agendas, time/date changes, and special meetings will be posted here.
City Council Chamber
401 Grove Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Nancy Jane Andrews (Term Expires 1/1/2025); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michiko Conklin (Term Expires 1/1/2024); email@example.com
- Val Cronin (Term Expires 1/1/2026); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Dobley (Term Expires 1/1/2023); email@example.com
- Rich Halvorsen (Term Expires 1/1/2025); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Melick (Term Expires 1/1/2024); email@example.com
- Kristin Thwaites (Term Expires 1/1/2025); firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Liaison: Mark Themig, Community Services Director; email@example.com
- City Council Liaison (2023): Evelyn Mitchell; firstname.lastname@example.org; Alternate Chris Herrod