As of April 3, 2023, the City has lifted its local water restrictions. State-wide regulations still prohibit certain wasteful water activities, including:
- Outdoor watering that lets water run onto sidewalks and other areas (except incidental runoff)
- Washing vehicles without an automatic shutoff nozzle
- Washing hard surfaces like driveways or sidewalks that don’t absorb water
- Street cleaning or construction site preparation
- Filling decorative fountains, lakes, or ponds without a recirculation pump
- Outdoor watering within 48 hours after at least 1/4 inch of rainfall
- Watering decorative grass on public medians
- Watering decorative grass in commercial, industrial, and institutional areas, including common areas of homeowners’ associations (HOAs)
For more information on water restrictions , please visit the 2023 Water Management Frequently Asked Questions.
It is always important to avoid water waste and prepare for the next drought. Find out more about resources to conserve water at www.smartlivinghealdsburg.org.